Sunday, July 1, 2012

Family Feelings

Yesterday was the birthday of my Grandpa who would have been 98 years old. Before he died he requested that we all get together around his birthday each year. We had a beautiful cake and sang Happy Birthday to him. He would have been proud, and I am sure many of us felt his presence there at this special gathering. Where my family is, love is. I am so thankful for that fact.  I know many people are not so fortunate as I am. When I feel such complete love and acceptance it makes me want to make sure everyone feels that way.  Christs love is complete and all encompassing and I know everyone is going to feel that someday, even if it doesn't happen for them on this earth - which I hope it does.




Gigantic Slip and slide

We look forward to this every year. It started when my Dad was working with this material when it was wet, and he slipped. Great things sometimes come from accidents!



 My nieces were completely exhausted from a day of cousins, water, sand, good food and fun.






Family is where it's at.



Getting the slip and slide ready.



This was one of the highlights of the party. Yes, I went down it along with most of my cousins and even my 55 year old mom. :)   (She doesn't count as 55 really, she is like a little kid.)

The best part of the whole day was just the feeling of love in the air. I am so blessed to have such a great family. Every one of them is special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment