Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Carrot I picked this morningI

This morning I was out weeding my garden(I have time now that my binder is done) and saw the top of a carrot poking out of the ground. It was bigger than I thought it would be, so I pulled it to get a better look. I was amazed on a couple of points.   First, in years past I have planted carrots directly into the ground - not in a box with homemade soil, so they have been rather short and squirrely as they tried to find which way they could grow through pebbles and such. This one grew pretty straight.  Second, These haven't been growing for very long and they are so big.  It doesn't happen very often that I have a carrot for breakfast, but I totally ate that beautiful carrot today along with those peas in the picture. I saved the carrot top for juicing or in a smoothie later. I love my garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment