Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Garden in May

We are eating lettuce and radishes out of the garden. We've been looking at the peas longingly and willing them to grow faster but it will be several weeks yet, I'm afraid. Next year the beds will be already in place and waiting for me to plant as early as I think is safe.

This week I have planted more turnips, lettuce, beets, potatoes, asparagus, sunflower seeds and squashes. The watermelons, cantaloupe, squash, tomatoes and peppers are still sitting in the greenhouse waiting for their debut. I have to level the tires and fill them with my blend of 50% sand and 50% peat moss before I can plant them. I still have more work to do but I love every second of it!


First radishes! I pulled several of these, brought them in, set them in the sink, and came back later to find they had already been devoured by my herd of boys! Good thing I have plenty! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment