Monday, February 18, 2013

Cooking a spaghetti squash

Did you know you can put a whole spaghetti squash in the oven and bake it without cutting it? Wow,it is so easy. It is recommended to punch a few holes in it for steam to escape so it doesn't blow up in your oven but I haven't done the holes the last few times and its been fine.......
I put a whole squash in an oven that is 375 degrees. Then I leave it for 60-90 minutes.
Then take it out of the oven carefully and let it cool for an hour or so, being careful even after the cooling time for possible escaping steam.
Scoop out the seeds, then scoop out the flesh.
To this squash I added garlic butter, sea salt,pepper and parmesan. It was heavenly. I ate most of it myself:)



1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Elisa!
    This would be a lot easier not having to cut it open first... I'll definitely do it this way from now on :)

    ReplyDelete