Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday 5/24/2010

This is my first post in my Garden of Eatin' blog. I will be blogging about my whole foods intake. I think it will help me to stay on track eating the things I know are best for me if others can see what it is I am choosing and perhaps I can inspire others to fuel their bodies well. I do not think that diet has to be 100 % perfect. I believe in moderation in all things so I am shooting for 60 - 80% whole foods and will be fine with whatever else happens within reason.

Today before noon:
1 clove of garlic shredded and swallowed with water (had a cold trying to begin)
4 saltine crackers to ease the pain the garlic gave my empty stomach
2 cups of berry smoothie
1 cup red raspberry leaf tea

After noon:
1 bowl raw carrot soup made in the fantastic Blend-Tec blender
2 2"x2" pieces of dairy free, egg free sprouted wheat corn bread (I made it with honey for the
sweetener and it is soooooo good.

Dinner will be steamed herbed potatoes, more cornbread, and peas. (We are out of fresh greens or we would be having a salad also.)

1 comment: