Thursday, January 19, 2012

Busy Day Food

2 cucumbers diced
5 roma tomatoes diced
16 oz.guacamole
8 oz. garlic/artichoke heart hummus
2 large handfuls sunflower sprouts
16 oz. bag mixed vegetable slaw

I mixed all of the ingredients together in a big bowl, then each person put the mixture on a whole wheat tortilla, and enjoyed! It was very yummy and filling.
I like this lots because there is no cooking involved! :) Great for a busy day.
We also had some kettle style chips with lunch per request of my almost-birthday boy.


Breakfast today was bananas and a handful of almonds. We also each had a granola bar later on for a fun snack.

We ate the wraps for lunch and dinner.

We ate pretty good, but I'm not gonna lie: we ate miniature snickers and almond joys on our drive home! I know! A day of great food and we ruined it!!! The good thing that came from it was the increased desire to do better. My 13 year old insisted that we start a cleanse tomorrow, so we stopped at the store on our way home to get apples for juice in the morning. I seriously doubt that a full-on cleanse is going to happen though because it is my soon- to-be 8 year old's birthday tomorrow which means cake....

Happy Healthy,
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment